Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

It's The End of the World As We Know It...

Tuesday, October 31, 2006


...well, at least for a month anyway. For anyone participating in NaNoWriMo, today marks the last day of a normal life until December 1st.

As I recall, last year November was a pretty slow month around blog world with so many obsessed on filling their pages with 50,000 words in 30 days. I suppose this year will be similar, except that I am expecting you ladies who were at WWM in DFW to be posting about your time there, and photos, you know, since you promised.

As for me, just about every minute I can scrape up will be spent with fingers flying over my sparkly new Macintosh keyboard, filling as many pages as I can with (hopefully palatable) prose.

Just in case you're worried that I might be completely invisible (not that it would be unprecedented around here), be assured that I do have a plethora of drafts waiting to be posted. Some are memes and some are filler-type stuff. Some involve more actual writing, the kind with thinking involved. Don't expect to see those here, but the fillers and memes might just make their way to these pages over the next 30 days, along with occasional updates on my novel and whether it has yet driven me insane.

You can watch my progress on the sidebar too, just under my profile. I'll be updating that daily.

So for those who are writing like crazy people this month, good luck! I hope to see you at 50,000+ come November 30th! Come visit me at the NaNo site and make me a writing buddy!

To the rest of you, have a great month! I'll be stopping by occasionally when writer's block kicks in and I need a little break! You don't think I could miss out on an entire month of your blogs, now do you? 50,000 words or not, I'd go into withdrawal!

And for those who are on the fence, trying to decide whether to do it or not, give it a chance! Really, what have you got to lose? Even if you don't win, you will have given it your best shot and will hopefully have filled a few pages with your own words. That in itself is pretty darn cool!

2 Comments:

At 10/31/2006 8:56 PM, Anonymous Write From Karen wrote:

Three hours to go and I'm actually twitching. I'm under pressure this year to actually produce some decent prose and hopefully go on, edit, rewrite and eventually submit - one can hope!

Good luck and I'll see you at the finish line! *grin*

 
At 10/31/2006 11:02 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

you go, geekwif!!!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home