Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

The Literary Meme

Tuesday, October 24, 2006


Thanks to Blond Girl for this one.

1. One book that has changed your life:
I'll go with the obvious here, the Bible, because it has.

2. One book you've read more than once:
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis

3. One book that you would want on a desert island:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

4. One book that made you laugh:
Marley and Me by John Grogan

5. One book that made you cry:
Marley and Me by John Grogan

6. One book that you wish had been written:
Why Can't We All Just Get Along: How to Get Your Puppy to be Friends With Your Cats

7. One book you wish had never been written:
The only books that come to mind are ones I've never read, and I would never ban a book unless I had first done some research on it. I could totally get on a soapbox about this, but this is not the time for it.

8. One book that you are currently reading:
Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery

9. One book you have been meaning to read:
Phantastes by George MacDonald

10. One book that should be given to every child:
The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis (Yeah, I know. That's 7 books. Every child should have all 7.)

11. One book that should be made into a movie:
A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle

12. Five People I tag to do this meme:
If you enjoyed this meme and want to do it, then TAG, you're it!

3 Comments:

At 10/25/2006 4:30 AM, Blogger Camy Tang wrote:

I love this meme! I'm going to steal it.
Camy

 
At 10/26/2006 9:17 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

This is a great meme. This would be way too hard to narrow down.

 
At 11/02/2006 10:24 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I am proud of you. I can't believe you managed to keep everyone (well, except the CofN, but I'll count that as one) for each question. I couldn't do it. You know me.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home