Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

5 Things And An Update

Wednesday, November 01, 2006


It has begun. I was invited by a coworker from my previous job to a NaNoWriMo write-in at Dunn Bros. tonight. The Geek and I went and had a great time getting our first day's quota of words written. I hit 1690 words just minutes before they shut the place down for the night. (The daily goal is 1667 in order to meet 50,000 in 30 days.)

I'm right on target, but need to get ahead a little bit to make up for four days later this month when I'll be out of town. (More on this exciting development later.)

For now, here's the first of 30 days of filler material....

I picked this one up from Jennifer.

Five things I would do if I had 5 minutes to myself...
1. Read a book
2. Play with my puppy
3. Watch the sun set
4. Close my eyes and daydream
5. Sleep

Five Items I'd love to get rid of.....
1. About 60 pounds
2. Debt
3. Junk mail
4. Politician's ads
5. Guilt

Five Items I wouldn't part with...
1. My wedding ring
2. The diamond/emerald ring my Geek gave me on our 5th anniversary
3. The violin the Fish restored for me
4. All the lovely cobalt blue glass Blond Girl has given me
5. My new Mac laptop

Five words or phrases I would love to hear.......
1. You're house is finished!
2. You can move in!
3. Why yes, I'd love to pay you lots of money to do what you love to do!
4. The word realtor, but only if it's pronounced correctly.
5. Sold! (pertaining to our current house in the hood)

1 Comments:

At 11/02/2006 10:18 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Don't you just love the wonder of Wi-fi and a maclap?

Item C-4 brought a huge smile to my face! This was a great meme... I may need to steal it for later. I'm good at that - stealing meme's, I mean.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home