Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Road Trip!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006


Well, I missed out on the big "We Wanna Meet" event down south last week (Or was it two weeks ago?), but I'm going on a road trip of my own and I couldn't be more excited!

As you may know, if you read Blond Girl's blog, she and her family moved to another state a few months ago. You may also know that she and I were great friends long before either of us ever started blogging. That basically adds up to mean that I have not seen my best friend since she moved in August.

Her daughter, otherwise known as Sweet Girl, and who truly is the sweetest girl who ever graced the face of this earth, moved with her...of course. She is my goddaughter, and I miss her every bit as much as I miss her mom.

A couple weeks ago, a mutual friend called me up and told me she had a "hair-brained idea". She wanted to pack up her daughter (whose best friend is Sweet Girl and who happens to miss her friend desperately!) and go on a road trip – just the three of us girls – to see B.G. and S.G.

Hair-brained idea? NO WAY. Try BRILLIANT idea!

And that is exactly what we are going to do this weekend! Friday morning we will leave at an ungodly hour and we should arrive at our destination late in the afternoon. We'll spend a couple days there and then travel back home on Monday.

We're going on a road trip! And I get to see my girls! Woo hoo!

1 Comments:

At 11/09/2006 5:23 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Yes, WOOOOO HOOOOO and an extrememly brilliant idea! I can't wait for you to get here and I have sooo much to do to be ready. Wow, I wish I could express how excited I am and how much I need this. Maybe getting a best friend and company fix will help me get back on track and put some of my homesickness behind me. Only you have to promise not to gasp in horror at how much weight I've gained!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home