Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Wasting Time...

Sunday, November 05, 2006


I decided that I wanted to see with my eyes what my characters looked like in my head, so I went over to the eLouai website today and made a couple dolls that looked like my 2 main characters, Ann and Breccae. Then I carefully pasted them into a post, published, and then went to my blog to see how it looked.

There was one teenie problem. All the stuff I added to them (faces, clothes, hair, etc.) didn't show up. All I had was two semi-naked, headless dolls on my page. Semi-naked, headless girls, even if they are cartoonish, are not family friendly, so I quickly deleted the post.

Then I remembered the dolls I have on my sidebar of the Geek and myself and went to check them. Yup, semi-naked. So now they're gone too. Must be something going on with the eLouai website or something.

So, for now, I have no pictures to show you of my characters. Yup, I've wasted your time as well as mine. Too bad, because they were awfully cute. If eLouai starts working again, I'll post them then.

P.S. I just read this post back to myself before sending it off to blog land. Oh dear, I can't wait to see the creepy google searches that this one attracts.

4 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 6:23 AM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

So which character is loquacious? Oh, and which one wakes up at 4:45? Because I want to avoid her.

 
At 11/06/2006 1:53 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini wrote:

Ha-ha. Didn't we have this discussion before? Didn't someone google toilet-paper once and get you (and why were they googling that anyway???).

It's nice to know, though, that you're never too old to play with dolls ;-)

 
At 11/06/2006 2:37 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

seriously? i missed seeing you naked?

just kidding!

 
At 11/06/2006 2:47 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

tag!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home