Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Thursday Thirteen #18

Thursday, January 18, 2007



Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen Reasons I Can't Wait Until Spring


1. I'm cold...all the time. I'm so tired of being cold.

2. When I talk to Southern people on the phone at work, they are always aghast when they ask what the weather is like and I respond that the temp has warmed up a bit today – it's 10.

3. My car doesn't like the cold any more than I do. Fortunately, like me, it understands that while it can whine and complain about getting up in the morning, it has a responsibility to carry out. She's a good car, even if she is a little old.

4. Flowers, I miss flowers.

5. Green, it's all gray here. There is no other color. It's like living in an old black and white movie.

6. The winter sky is always sort of grayish, whitish, even when it's blue. It never gets that deep gorgeous shade of blue that comes with spring.

7. Raz's leash is permanently frozen into the ice, rendering it useless. It won't be useful until spring.

8. Winter clothes are just so bulky. I feel like I can hardly move when I walk out the door in the morning.

9. I have several pairs of really cute shoes in the closet that I can't wear until spring.

10. We're building a house in the spring! Woo Hoo!

11. We're moving out of the hood and into the country in the spring...well maybe early summer. Close enough.

12. Spring smells good. Ours will probably smell better if we go pick up all the doggy doodoo in the yard before it melts though.

13. Open windows! It's funny how open windows can make a house smell springy even in the middle of the city. I can't wait for that open window, bringing the outdoors in smell of spring.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels:

13 Comments:

At 1/18/2007 7:34 AM, Blogger Jane wrote:

I grew up in Rochester, NY where there is only sun like 80 days. I know that endless winter feeling!

Have a great day!

 
At 1/18/2007 7:51 AM, Blogger Christine wrote:

I live in NS Canada, so I feel your pain. I miss the warmth so much, I never seem to defrost. Soon Spring will come. I hope.

 
At 1/18/2007 8:22 AM, Blogger Daisy wrote:

It is interesting to hear the other side of the story; I live in south Florida, and sometimes I long for some cool weather!

 
At 1/18/2007 9:22 AM, Blogger Chickadee wrote:

I like the spring too...I enjoy it for the flowers and the return of the songbirds! I'm a big birdwatcher and I live in an area where lots of birds migrate through during the spring.

And the warm weather is nice too. ;)

My 13 are up.

 
At 1/18/2007 9:44 AM, Blogger Caylynn wrote:

Wow, it sounds cold where you are! We haven't really had winter yet here in Munich - there have only been a few days where it dropped below freezing. Mostly it's been between +5 and +15°C this month, which is fine by me - it's great weather for running!

I don't blame you for wanting spring to arrive. I'm not a big winter lover either.

Happy T13. :)

 
At 1/18/2007 10:08 AM, Blogger Leanne wrote:

I'm with you - on all counts!!! LOL - I cannot stand being cold. And I cannot figure out WHY on EARTH I don't move away from it! There's just something so seriously wrong with that. Isn't there?!

Gimme flowers, and sunshine, and an ocean breeze. Yeah. That's it.

Happy Thursday!! xoxox

 
At 1/18/2007 10:43 AM, Blogger Mert wrote:

Yes, yes, yes! I love to have my windows open too! Even if it's a bit chilly in early spring, I bundle us up in sweats and slippers and leave the windows open for a little bit. Happy TT!

 
At 1/18/2007 1:34 PM, Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried wrote:

Yeah, I miss open windows and the way spring just smells. So wonderful.

BUT we finally have a bit of snow and there's something really *right* about that, too. I'll take it ... for now.

Happy TT!

 
At 1/18/2007 8:12 PM, Blogger gem wrote:

I'd get more than a little gloomy living as far north as you do. My husband loves to open windows, by the way, and I think because fresh air does smell like spring.

 
At 1/18/2007 10:36 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

and now I'm just dying for spring! Thanks a lot, Geekwif. (tee hee)

I love your ability with headers. Someday you must teach me!

 
At 3/15/2007 7:10 AM, Blogger Raggedy wrote:

I can relate your post.
It is snowing like crazy out right now. The children are giddy because they thought that the snow fun was over.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

 
At 3/29/2007 8:43 AM, Anonymous scooper wrote:

Open windows, I can't wait.

 
At 3/29/2007 3:52 PM, Blogger Ingrid wrote:

i love spring, too!!!it's my favorite season of the year!!! Great T13 list for this week!!!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home