Thursday, January 18, 2007
1. I'm cold...all the time. I'm so tired of being cold.
2. When I talk to Southern people on the phone at work, they are always aghast when they ask what the weather is like and I respond that the temp has warmed up a bit today – it's 10.
3. My car doesn't like the cold any more than I do. Fortunately, like me, it understands that while it can whine and complain about getting up in the morning, it has a responsibility to carry out. She's a good car, even if she is a little old.
4. Flowers, I miss flowers.
5. Green, it's all gray here. There is no other color. It's like living in an old black and white movie.
6. The winter sky is always sort of grayish, whitish, even when it's blue. It never gets that deep gorgeous shade of blue that comes with spring.
7. Raz's leash is permanently frozen into the ice, rendering it useless. It won't be useful until spring.
8. Winter clothes are just so bulky. I feel like I can hardly move when I walk out the door in the morning.
9. I have several pairs of really cute shoes in the closet that I can't wear until spring.
10. We're building a house in the spring! Woo Hoo!
11. We're moving out of the hood and into the country in the spring...well maybe early summer. Close enough.
12. Spring smells good. Ours will probably smell better if we go pick up all the doggy doodoo in the yard before it melts though.
13. Open windows! It's funny how open windows can make a house smell springy even in the middle of the city. I can't wait for that open window, bringing the outdoors in smell of spring.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Labels: Thursday 13