Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

It's Like A Heat Wave

Sunday, February 18, 2007


I shouldn't complain about the weather, but I do. I mean, the entire US seems to be having unreasonably cold weather lately, and we here in east-central Minnesota are about the only ones who haven't been dumped upon with a boatload of snow.

The fact is, I hate cold weather. It seems like I never warm up from November through March. I just shiver for 5 months straight...every year. (And I live in Minnesota why???)

But there is a glimmer of hope in this frigid sea of ice.

After weeks of temps in the range of 14 degrees below zero to 14 above, the forecast is calling for a change...a good one. This week, we are expecting highs in the upper 30s.

Hallelujah!!! Spring, she's a comin'!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2/18/2007 1:20 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

Karma is paying is back for an unseasonably warm January (unless you live in Denver). January was the warmest one EVER.

 
At 2/18/2007 4:21 PM, Blogger Debra wrote:

Upper 30's? Upper 30's? Oh, be still my heart.... I want upper 30's so much!! Send some over this way, please?! Blessings, Debra

 
At 2/18/2007 5:05 PM, Blogger Thumper wrote:

Cold is yet another reason we came back to CA. I hate being cold, I hate driving in snow, I hate being cold...

Move to CA where "cold" is 45 degrees, and the worst part of winter lasts about 10 minutes...

 
At 2/18/2007 8:18 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I am with you. We've actually been in the negatives here with all the natives walking around, shaking their heads and saying they haven't seen this since they were kids. In fact, they've been blaming me and mom for bringing the clod weather here! But as you say, there is a light at the end of the tunnel... We're heading for the 40's next week - there will be some wind that we'll need to deal with, but that's ok. I'll take the wind. Please just give me some double digets!

 
At 2/19/2007 7:26 PM, Blogger scribbit wrote:

When I can drop off the kids at school in the morning and have it looking like morning rather than midnight I know spring is close.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home