Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Candymeister!

Thursday, March 15, 2007


CandymeisterLooky what Leanne made me! Take a look on my sidebar and you'll see it in it's permanent home. Isn't it lovely?

If you don't already know her, Leanne is a wonderful artist who paints portraits of pets among other things. Recently her work was on exhibit. Part of that exhibit was a series of paintings called "Eye Ate It". In the process of completing the series, she asked her readers to name the candies she was painting. I had no idea until then that I knew so much about candy, but I was naming candies like a candy-eatin' maniac. Of course, it helped that there were a lot of non-chocolate candies in the mix.

So, as a reward for my candy-naming prowess, she made this adorable image for me! Thanks Leanne!

P.S. Speaking of candy, I stopped in the Easter candy aisle at the grocery store today and thought I'd pick up my annual (and quite necessary) supply of marshmallow Peeps,
but they had none!!! They had Cadbury eggs, and malted milk ball eggs, chocolate bunnies and chocolate eggs. They had every kind of Easter candy under the sun, but they had NO marshmallow Peeps! What has this world come to, I ask you? What has this sad, sad world come to?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3/15/2007 8:58 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

That is beautiful. Very cool sidebar logo.

 
At 3/16/2007 10:50 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini wrote:

No marshamallow peeps? My condolences...;-)

 
At 3/16/2007 11:38 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

The peeps will come. At least you can get them at other holidays now. The whoppers robin eggs are only made at easter. Yes, I know I can buy whoppers all year round, but without the candy covering, why bother?

Nice tile you got there! Makes me wish I had played in time. Looking at the tile, it made me glad that she didn't make it with chocolate candies such as M&Ms... that would not have worked at all!

 
At 3/17/2007 9:45 AM, Blogger Leanne wrote:

No peeps? Seriously? That's so strange. Maybe they ran out? Production is behind? Hm...

 
At 3/18/2007 11:27 PM, Blogger scribbit wrote:

wish I could give you some of mine, I stocked up when I saw them in the store and have four boxes.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home