Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Green

Sunday, March 25, 2007


The sun came out yesterday – actual spring sunshine complemented by a truly azure sky. This afternoon the sky has clouded up and they say we're in for a good, hard spring thunderstorm. At nearly 70 degrees fahrenheit, I'm okay with a storm. Let the rain wash away the winter scum that has accumulated over everything. Let the soil drink deeply and the world turn green again.

There are tiny hints of green grass in the lawn. I am watching, waiting for the tight brown tips of tree branches to burst open, revealing the viridescent treasures hidden inside. Little baby leaves of strawberry plants are peeking out through their pine needle mulch, testing the air to see if it's safe to come out yet. Even the peonies are starting to force their crimson heads through the newly warmed soil.

Spring is coming – it is already here – and it's good to breathe again.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3/25/2007 7:09 PM, Blogger David Stefanini wrote:

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.info

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

 
At 3/25/2007 8:05 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

We are waiting to see the forsythia bloom. That is our sure sign of spring.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home