Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Thursday Thirteen #19

Thursday, March 15, 2007



Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen Crazy Things I Could Do To Get Fired

Yesterday morning at work...well, let's just say it wasn't such a good morning. I was in the middle of an on-going frustration and I sent a text message to a couple friends, unrestrainedly expressing my frustration.

My friend, Little B came to my rescue with the suggestion that we text each other ideas of things I could do to get fired and/or scare my bosses. It turned out to be a surprisingly successful exercise in stress relief, and at the end of the day there just happened to be 13 messages between the two of us. At 10 cents a piece, that's $1.30 – worth every penny.

1. I have a yellow smiley face stress ball on my desk. I could dig out its eyes, fill them with ketchup, and put it on my boss's desk attached to a list of my demands.

2. Beautiful. You could cut out letters ransom note style and put it on the copier and put them in everyone's box...including yours.

3. I could sneak into my boss's office and email his resignation to the entire company

4. PERFECT. Give a juicy reason too.

5. I could crank my ring tone (DC Talk - Jesus Freak) volume, have you call me several times throughout the day, and just let it ring until it goes to voicemail.

6. Sign on microwave "bomb inside" haha

7. Shoot spitballs in random directions over the cube walls.

8. Let the air out of everyone's tires.

9. Fart loudly.

10. ...and then giggle.

11. Then spray some bad air freshener over your cube.

12. Wear pajamas and slippers to work.

13. ...and no bra.

Disclaimer: Of course, if my boss is reading this, I would never do any of these things in reality. In fact, I don't know where this came from. Who wrote this? Did someone sabotage my blog? I don't know what you're talking about...ahem...sir.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3/15/2007 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Okay...so my pants are wet.

Snow's Mom aka DW (Disney Wife) aka DOD (Duchess of Dork) aka make one up...I'm still searching...although I seem like the DOD.

KT

 
At 3/16/2007 12:58 PM, Anonymous Laughing Muse wrote:

LOL...you and she (the screaming pages) could have a contest to see who could weird out their co-workers the most.

 
At 3/16/2007 11:41 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

ok... next time I won't try to be encouraging with my responses. I'll just be sarcastic and it will all be good. Sorry I failed you.

 
At 3/24/2007 10:27 PM, Blogger scribbit wrote:

Oh you're funny. And you've convinced me never to tick you off.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home