Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Write-Away Contest (non-entry entry)

Sunday, March 11, 2007


Michelle over at Scribbit hosts a monthly writing contest called Write-Away. Each month she chooses a subject and offers a prize for the winning entry. This month her subject, childhood memories, reminded me of a post I wrote a couple months ago about my favorite childhood memory, entitled "Promise".

I am not entering the contest to win the prize, since this month's prize is better suited to a writer with children; but I wanted to submit it for the list anyway because it fits the subject matter, because it's one of my favorite posts, and because (to be embarassingly honest) I need the link since I've slacked off on my writing lately.

On Tuesday, March 13th, the winner of the contest will be posted at Scribbit along with a list of, and links to the participating entries. Please go, read, and enjoy. The last couple of months have been filled with some entertaining, heart-warming, well-written, and all-around enjoyable entries.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3/11/2007 7:39 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

That sounds like a great contest. Good luck.

 
At 3/11/2007 8:24 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial wrote:

What a lovely story.... and well-written! You should've entered. Thanks for sharing it.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home