Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Thursday Thirteen #21

Thursday, April 05, 2007



Thirteen Things I've Learned From My Pets


1. Really good (aka people food) food tastes good, even off the floor.

2. But food off a plate tastes even better.

3. Sometimes the best toys are the free ones.

4. Loud noises are scary.

5. So are strangers.

6. But sometimes a stranger can become a best friend.

7. If you are persistent enough, the person you want to cuddle with will eventually let you.

8. If you are subtle enough they won't even know you're there until you've already curled up in their lap.

9. Rain is fun!

10. Mud puddles are funner!

11. You know you're really having fun when you're bleeding and don't even know it!

12. Find the best hiding spot in the house...and then share it with your favorite friends.

13. The best place for a nap is curled up with your favorite person in all the world.






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 4/05/2007 10:34 AM, Blogger Cat Marsters & Kate Johnson wrote:

My cats especially agree with #2. A previous furbaby of mine would crouch next to meand try to hook bits of food when I wasn't looking. Serves me right for eating in front of the TV, I guess!

 
At 4/05/2007 10:42 AM, Blogger Mercy's Maid wrote:

I loved this 13.

My friend has a huge (100ish pound) Boxer. When I first met him, he barked at me like he wanted to eat me. Then he came over and sat down beside me. Then he put a paw up in my lap and looked away from me. Then the other paw was in my lap (he still wasn't even looking at me...like I wouldn't notice if he couldn't see me) and then half of his body was laid across my lap and I had run out of room for him.

I love pets. :)

 
At 4/05/2007 11:03 AM, Blogger Amelia Elias wrote:

Terrific list! My favorite way to nap is cuddled up with my cat, Pharaoh, with my dog, Simi, beside the bed snoring. It's so restful and I feel so loved!

 
At 4/05/2007 11:25 AM, Anonymous Kristin wrote:

My cats agree with #7! I don't know how many times I throw them off the computer desk before I finally give up, and they win!

 
At 4/05/2007 12:16 PM, Blogger amy wrote:

I enjoyed this list..Today we learned that Lucy the basset houd likes munchins from Dunkin Donuts

 
At 4/05/2007 4:02 PM, Blogger Kuanyin wrote:

Very funny list for TT! My cat would say yes to all of these! Drop by my blog and wish her a Happy 300th post, won't you? She's growing up so fast!

 
At 4/05/2007 8:02 PM, Blogger Babystepper wrote:

I'm sure someone else has already noticed this, but almost all of these would apply to young children too.

 
At 4/05/2007 8:28 PM, Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried wrote:

Great list; lots of wisdom in there.

(btw, I just noticed one of my cats curled up beside me. What was that about stealth?)

happy TT!

 
At 4/05/2007 11:07 PM, Blogger Kimo & Sabi wrote:

Napping IS a legitimate hobby!

 
At 4/06/2007 1:23 AM, Blogger scribbit wrote:

My daughter LOVES dogs and had the misfortune of being born into a non-dog family. She swears the first thing she's going to do when she leaves home is get a dog. :)

Hey, that's part of the beauty of being an adult, getting to make those kinds of decisions, right?

 
At 4/10/2007 9:44 AM, Blogger scribbit wrote:

I still love rain and puddles, as long as I'm approprately (i.e. warmly) dressed.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home