Thursday, April 12, 2007
1. The Geek bought a new truck last week.
2. As you can see in the photo, it's school bus yellow.
3. It's that color because it was a fleet truck.
4. At first he wanted to have it re-painted in a more traditional color, but it's actually growing on him.
5. I'm not much of a truck person, but as trucks go, it's a pretty nice one.
6. The color has it's advantages.
7. When I'm following the Geek in my car, I can keep track of where he is even if a couple cars get between us.
8. It's really hard to lose the truck in a parking lot.
9. When in the truck, it's fun to sing "We all ride in a yellow Chevy truck, a yellow Chevy truck, a yellow Chevy truck..."
10. It's kind of fun in a muahahahahaha powerful sort of way to sit so high and look down on all the other vehicles on the road.
11. The bed is big enough to hold a 4'x8' sheet of plywood lying flat between the wheel wells. We know this because it became huge deal on Saturday and the Geek and his stepdad had to go out and measure to be sure.
12. I'll be learning how to drive it whether I really want to or not. With building a house, I'll need to be able to do so.
13. I'm going to try not to do this. (see #4)***
***My apologies to HolyMama. I know there's a good explanation for that even though you're not ready to share it yet, but when I saw that picture the first thing my brain did was to see it in yellow with me as the one behind the wheel. I'm looking forward to your explanation if for no other reason than to know what not to do. :)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants