Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Thursday Thirteen #22

Thursday, April 12, 2007






Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen Things About The Geek's New Truck



1. The Geek bought a new truck last week.

2. As you can see in the photo, it's school bus yellow.

3. It's that color because it was a fleet truck.

4. At first he wanted to have it re-painted in a more traditional color, but it's actually growing on him.

5. I'm not much of a truck person, but as trucks go, it's a pretty nice one.

6. The color has it's advantages.

7. When I'm following the Geek in my car, I can keep track of where he is even if a couple cars get between us.

8. It's really hard to lose the truck in a parking lot.

9. When in the truck, it's fun to sing "We all ride in a yellow Chevy truck, a yellow Chevy truck, a yellow Chevy truck..."

10. It's kind of fun in a muahahahahaha powerful sort of way to sit so high and look down on all the other vehicles on the road.

11. The bed is big enough to hold a 4'x8' sheet of plywood lying flat between the wheel wells. We know this because it became huge deal on Saturday and the Geek and his stepdad had to go out and measure to be sure.

12. I'll be learning how to drive it whether I really want to or not. With building a house, I'll need to be able to do so.

13. I'm going to try not to do this. (see #4)***


***My apologies to HolyMama. I know there's a good explanation for that even though you're not ready to share it yet, but when I saw that picture the first thing my brain did was to see it in yellow with me as the one behind the wheel. I'm looking forward to your explanation if for no other reason than to know what not to do. :)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4/12/2007 9:11 AM, Blogger Jen wrote:

What a cute list! That is definately some kinda yellow!! =) I drive a truck as well - and now sitting in a car just seems like sitting right on the ground. lol.

Happy TT!

 
At 4/12/2007 9:58 AM, Anonymous she wrote:

#9 = LOL!

I love pick-up trucks and drive a cute lil tan one. I tried to avoid the crazy yellow ones (all over the dealer's lot) because I didn't think they look truckish enough ;)

Besides, tan hides the dents, dings, bangs and other abuse a work truck takes.

 
At 4/12/2007 4:54 PM, Blogger Kuanyin wrote:

This is a great, audacious color! Good for you! Happy TT!

 
At 4/12/2007 8:38 PM, Blogger Raggedy wrote:

Congratulations on the new truck!
Even if you got stuck in the mud you would be able to see the truck.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home