Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Changing Things Up At Chez Geekwif

Tuesday, December 18, 2007


Getting back into blogging after my sabbatical and the move has been a challenge, as you can probably tell from the infrequency of my posts this past month. There are several things that have contributed to my bloggy slothfulness: Dialup, long drive-time to work and therefore short time at home, etc, etc.

I’ve also been a little uninspired. I suppose I could write about the holiday party we went to, or my day shopping with Blond Girl, but while those were both very enjoyable events for me, they would not make very interesting blog posts.

I’ve been thinking about what I can do to perk up my blog a bit. I’m planning on a new design, though that won’t happen until after the new year, and a design change in itself won’t change content problems.

So, I have decided to try out daily categories or themes. Each day of the week will have it’s own theme, some more specific than others. I tend to prefer a life with very little structure, but sometimes a little more structure can be a source of inspiration rather than a hindrance to it. That’s what I’m hoping will happen here.

With Christmas coming up, I’m going to keep it simple. Rather than digging right in with my new format, I’m going to take each day to explain what the plan is for that day. I’m also going to wait until Sunday to start. After all this time, I’m still trying to catch up on my blog reading, so I’m going to dedicate a few days to that before I really get started on my own blog.

I’m excited about this new plan. I think it will eliminate some of the stress of trying to come up with something to write about every day. Plus it’s going to give me a chance to explore some things I haven’t before.

I hope you enjoy it too. See you back here on Sunday!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12/22/2007 8:13 PM, Anonymous shoshana wrote:

Oh, the different themes sounds good, please drop me a line when you get it going. Haven't been by here in ages.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home