Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Monday Morning Mithridate

Monday, December 24, 2007


As I mentioned before, I’m trying out a new format for my blog posts. Each day of the week will have its own theme. This week, I’m defining each day’s theme, and next week I’ll start posting according to this format.

But before I get started on all that, since so many people start celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve, I’d just like to say Merry Christmas!! I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating the birth of our Savior with family and friends.

Okay, back to business. Monday’s are fun. Bet you haven’t heard that one before, huh? Monday’s at Geekwif will now be the home of the Monday Morning Mithridate.

There’s a little history behind this one. Several years ago, I had the idea to start a little Monday morning email with my friend, Blond Girl, to lessen the sting of Monday a bit. A “mithridate” is an antidote against a poison. Our Monday Morning Mithridate was an antidote to Monday, our most abhorrent day of the week.

We talked at one time about setting up a blog for the Monday Morning Mithridate, but it never happened, and now, it seems to me, that this is the perfect time to bring the MMM to the world at large (or really the world at small if you consider the current size of my readership).

Blond Girl, I hope you’re not too jealous, but I do have a plan that I think will soften the blow a bit. The MMM is going to be a joint effort. I will moderate it and probably do the bulk of the posting to it, but I will consider submissions from anyone who is interested.

You (Blond Girl, and the rest of the world) can email me something you think will fit into the spirit of the MMM. I’ll have a special email set up just for it which I will reveal next week on Monday. It should fit one of the categories of the MMM, but if you have something you want to submit that doesn’t fit any of the categories, you may suggest an additional category. I will retain full control over what is posted and what is not since it is on my blog.

Next week I’ll post my own and also a list of categories and instructions for your submission. Just watch for the Monday Morning Mithridate to cure all your Monday woes starting next week!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12/24/2007 2:20 PM, Blogger Thumper wrote:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home