Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Monday Morning Mithridate

Monday, December 31, 2007


mith·ri·date [mith-ri-deyt]
–noun Old Pharmacology
a confection believed to contain an antidote to every poison.
(And who can't use an antidote to Monday?)


Easy Recipe

Cashew Green Beans
You can substitute any oil you like for the walnut oil, but I find that a nut oil gives the best flavor for this recipe. Also, if you want meat in it, you could add just about anything you like – chicken, beef (not ground), or shrimp would all work well.


1 lb green beans, fresh or frozen (trimmed if fresh)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp walnut oil
1/2 med. onion, sliced
8 oz mushrooms, quartered
3/4 c. chopped cashews
1/2 c. hoisin sauce
Steam cook green beans, just until tender. In a large skillet, saute garlic, onion, & mushrooms in the walnut oil, until tender. Add beans, cashews and hoisin sauce. Mix well and cook until all ingredients are heated through. Serve with rice.


Quote

Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to.
Bill Vaughan


Scripture

Sing to the Lord, you saints of his; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:4-5

Read the next post if you would like to contribute to the Monday Morning Mithridate!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home