Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Want To Contribute To the Monday Morning Mithridate?

Monday, December 31, 2007


The Monday Morning Mithridate is open to contributions from anyone who might be interested. If you would like to participate, here are a few ground rules to follow.

1) The MMM is broken down into categories, of which I’ll post from three each week. The current categories are as follows:
  • scripture verse
  • poem
  • joke
  • quote
  • trivia
  • entertaining news item
  • tips
  • easy recipe
  • top ten list
Your contribution should fit into one of these categories, or, if it doesn’t, you can suggest the addition of a new category.

2) Keep it brief. I’m not going to give a maximum word count, but ideally your contribution will be no more than one or two paragraphs. (Some categories may stray from this a bit, like the Easy Recipe and the Top Ten List.)

3) Keep it positive. This is an antidote to the Monday blues, so the idea is to be cheerful and encouraging.

4) If you submit a joke, quote, recipe, etc. from another source, please give credit where credit is due. I will add that credit when I post the MMM, along with your provided link to that credit if appropriate.

5) I reserve the right to refuse to use any particular submission if I don’t feel that it fits the spirit of the MMM or the Geekwif blog. It is my blog and therefore anything I allow to be posted is a reflection on my own character and that of this blog.

6) Here’s how to submit. Email your submission to gwmondaymorning@gmail.com. Include the following:
  • The category into which you feel your contribution fits
  • The contribution itself, of course
  • Any appropriate credit and link
  • Your name (blog aliases are fine) so I can give you credit for your contribution
  • A link to your blog if you would like me to add it

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home