Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Words on Wednesday

Wednesday, December 26, 2007


Before I start on my description of Wednesdays to come, I just have to announce that it’s my 15th wedding anniversary today! Woo hoo!! 15 years ago today a very young Sweet Geek and I vowed to spend the rest of our lives together and it was the best choice we ever made. If you’re reading this Sweetie, I love you with all my heart and after 15 years I still wouldn’t want to spend my life with anyone but you. I’m looking forward to seeing where the next 15 years take us.



As I mentioned before, I’m trying out a new format for my blog posts. Each day of the week will have its own theme. This week, I’m defining each day’s theme, and next week I’ll start posting according to this format.

Wednesday, ahhh Wednesday. I have decided that Wednesday is all about Words. Yup, Words on Wednesday. I have a bit of an obsession with words; their pronunciation, their spelling, their usage. I would not call myself a wordsmith by any stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy putting words together in various ways, whether it be a blog post, a novel (I’ve started several, finished none), lyrics, etc.

Words on Wednesday will encompass all of this. I may link to a favorite website about writing, or the website of a favorite writer. I may review a favorite book. I may write about grammar or spelling or pronunciation – and yes, a few of these may become rants about people who say “reelator” instead of “realtor”, or “comfterble” instead of “comfortable”, but I will try to keep the rants to a minimum.

I may even do a little writing of my own now and then on a Wednesday, which may seem and odd thing to say considering that writing is what one does on a blog; but there is some sort of line in my head – a fuzzy line, but a line nonetheless – between writing for my blog, and writing for the sake of writing.

Words on Wednesday is going to be an interesting adventure for me. I can’t wait to get started.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home