Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

The Search (part 2)

Sunday, January 06, 2008


Last week I said that we were going to try the Assemblies of God church again, but we ended up trying another local church instead. We’re not sure what (if any) denomination it is. We got there late since the service started 15 minutes earlier than we thought, and at the end of the service they moved right into a church body financial update meeting, so we left without the opportunity to really speak with anyone. The music and the message were good, but ehh....

Today we did go back to the AG church. The pastor greeted us within seconds of entering the door. We were greeted by several other people on the way in. This being the Week of Prayer, the service was all about prayer. We broke into small groups to pray before the message, which was also about prayer. Again, very good message. We are really impressed with the pastor.

The Geek is pretty much ready to settle in there. I’m not completely convinced yet, but I can’t really say why. It’s not that I don’t think it’s a good church; on the contrary – from what I have seen so far it’s a great church. Of the churches we’ve visited, this one is definitely the best fit for us. Yet I’m not quite ready to settle there yet.

Maybe it’s that I’m afraid to decide too soon; maybe I’m not quite ready to give up our old church yet. I don’t know. I want to decide on a new church home. I want to settle in and stop searching, but right now I just don’t know.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home