Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Things Are Finally Looking Up! (Or, How Many Times Can I Use The Word "Really" In One Post?)

Saturday, March 15, 2008


It’s two! Two! Two posts in one!

Firstly, and most importantly, today is Hot Rod Mama’s birthday! Yes, my mom is turning another year older today. For a little while I didn’t think we were going to be able to celebrate her birthday with her. See, I called earlier this week to discuss what we were going to do and my dad told me he was taking her out for dinner. Ahem, well then! I guess I know my place.
Turns out that it’s a group dinner with friends kind of thing and we are, of course, welcome to join them. It was not such an exclusive affair as he first made it sound. So we’re going to meet them at Erte – one of our very favorite restaurants – for dinner tonight. Yay!

So, to my favorite Mom, hope you have an absolutely fantastic birthday today! And I hope your 63rd year is the best one ever! (Did I just give away that my mom is 62?! Aaaaackk!)

*********************************

On a completely different note, I am finally feeling better...finally! At this point I’d say I’m about 95 percent, which is great. It’s the best I’ve felt in almost a month. This happened to me at my previous job too. It was like every cold germ in the place saw me and immediately glommed on. “Mmmm! Fresh meat!”

Hopefully this is the end of it. Although I do think the hospital is kind of bad luck for me. I know, I know. As a Christian I’m not supposed to believe in luck, but yesterday, just as I was really getting to the point of feeling good again, I twisted my ankle in the hospital parking lot on my way in to work. It’s not really bad, but it’s bad enough to be really annoying. I think all that saved me from a trip to the ER were my lightning quick reflexes and my ankle high Doc Martin boots. Okay, I’ll give providence a plug too. It really could have been a lot worse.

In the meantime, I’m so ready for spring! I’m fantasizing about landscaping and pretty plants and ornamental trees and fresh veggies and herbs. (sigh) I can’t wait to get out there and get my hands dirty! I'd go right now, but all I'd manage is to get my hands muddy and really cold!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3/19/2008 9:47 AM, Blogger May Vanderbilt wrote:

Happy Birthday, Hot Mamma. My mom would kill me if I gave away how old she is. Ha! Your mom is way cooler.

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I can't believe you almost twisted your ankle after being sick so long!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home