Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

3 A.M. Thoughts

Wednesday, April 09, 2008


Thoughts that were running through my head last night while lying in bed, unable to sleep...


If a cat is going to gack at 3:00 a.m., at least he could have the decency to NOT gack on the only clean pair of pants I have to wear to work in the morning. But hey, at least now I'm awake to wash the pants he gacked on. Now that's irony.

`````````````````````

How ironic is it that on the very night after my husband tells me he heard that bed bugs are back (apparently they were nearly extinct as of the 70’s), something bites my ankle in the middle of the night and makes it itch.

`````````````````````

Am I so dirty that I have bedbugs? Maybe it was just a spider. Yeah, because that’s so much better.

`````````````````````

Is that a bug crawling on my leg? Why does my head itch? I just washed my hair before bed.

`````````````````````

I really need to wash these sheets tomorrow – and the comforter too.

`````````````````````

I am so glad I don’t have to go to the laundromat to wash the comforter anymore. Five bucks is a ridiculous price to rid my head of bed bug fears.

`````````````````````

I remember when I was a kid and a load of laundry at the laundromat was like 50 cents. And the washing machines all had the little slider coin plate thing with quarter-sized holes. I used to think that was just the coolest. You put quarters in the slider, push it in, and like magic, the quarters disappeared! Funny how disappearing money isn’t nearly as entertaining as it used to be.

`````````````````````

Well, the washer is done. I guess I might as well get up and flip it to the dryer since I’m still awake anyway.

`````````````````````

Hmmmm. Methinks I smell a blog post coming on.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4/10/2008 1:59 PM, Blogger Thumper wrote:

Ya know what really itches? When you have a cast on an extremity, and someone mentions ants...

And at least your cat yaked where you could see it. Mine would aim for deep inside a shoe, where I wouldn't find it until I stuck my foot in...

 
At 5/06/2008 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home