Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

My Life Is A Drama Queen

Thursday, May 01, 2008


My life right now could be a soap opera ... minus the “who’s sleeping with who” aspect, of course. There is drama, drama everywhere, and I’d be happy to spare some of it if you are lacking drama in your own life. I wouldn’t even charge you!

First, My Geek is sick. He stayed home from work one day, but otherwise he’s had to go, stuffy nose, pounding head, aches and chills and all. I have been slathering myself in Purell and keeping contact with him and his germs to a minimum in an attempt to prevent myself from catching his cold. I think he might think I’m a little paranoid, but I cannot afford to get sick.

And then there’s the weather. Ah, the weather. I’ve chronicled it quite extensively in my blog over the past months, and still it continues. After two brief bursts of spring, winter keeps coming back to us. It’s like the bully in junior high who would smack you on the right side of the head and then run to your left side while yelling, “Psych!!” Seriously annoying.

A co-worker told me that she heard a forecast for snow on Saturday. It’s MAY. Ugh. That’s all there is to say about that. Just Ugh.

And I would be remiss to leave out work. The drama there would out-shine any movie or TV show I’ve ever seen. Ever known a drama queen? She had nothing on my workplace. Holy cow. I’m not going to go into details at the moment. It’s just too crazy – I wouldn’t know where to start. But trust me when I say it’s nuts. I have never worked anywhere in my life where people would have gotten away with some of the things certain employees are getting away with at this place. Nuts, I tell you.

So, the drama continues. Perhaps someday I will look back on these days fondly, or at least be able to laugh at them. On the other hand, it might be better to get a partial lobotomy to remove the part of my brain that remembers them. I think that’s a more viable option.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5/04/2008 2:40 PM, Blogger HolyMama! wrote:

details! i want details!

(i gave up soaps years ago. have to rely on reality, now.)

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home