Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

They Say It's My Birthday....Happy Birthday To Me

Friday, June 06, 2008


I'm not usually one for making a big deal about my own birthday, but you know what? – this is shaping up to be a really great birthday, plus I'm actually home this morning which means I have a few minutes to sit down a type a blog post! Amazing!

A couple days ago, the Geek's parents came over for a few minutes in the evening and brought a giant basket full of beautiful plants they had dug up from a friend's garden (with her permission, of course). She is a prolific gardener whose back yard has no lawn – the entire thing is a garden of perennials. I've been invited back tomorrow to dig some more of my own if I want!

Yesterday my co-workers put on a great little party for me. It was lovely. We ate Bed & Breakfast-themed food all day (biscuits and gravy, crunchy caramel puffs, coffee cake, donut holes, and much more - yummy!), they decorated my desk, they sang Happy Birthday to me, and they all wore mis-matched socks.

That's a story for another time.

A few co-workers gave me gifts too – Skittles (enough to last me a lifetime!), Red Bull (to which I am whole-heartedly addicted), and my favorite of all? A bunch of plants! One of them actually bought me 6 herb plants and brought 2 small trees from her own yard for me! Yay! I need plants so badly to make this bare lot look like home, and with the help of several different people I have gotten a lot of things for free.

And the best of all? My Geek is taking me to a nearby town to stay in a bed & breakfast for the night. It's one of those awesome, quaint little towns with TONS of antique shops and book stores. We're dropping the dog off with his parents this morning and then heading out there.

It's going to be a great birthday! Happy Birthday to me! :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6/06/2008 9:14 AM, Blogger Leanne wrote:

Birthdays should absolutely be celebrated!!

Happy Birthday To Youuu, Happy BIRTHday TOOOO YOUUUUU, Happy BIRTHday dear GEEEEEEEKKKKWIFFFFFF, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Enjoy!!!!

 
At 6/06/2008 1:52 PM, Blogger Thumper wrote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

 
At 6/06/2008 2:55 PM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

Go Geekwif...It's your birthday...Go Geekwif...It's your birthday...

Sounds like a great one!

 
At 6/27/2008 3:15 PM, Blogger Vertyeux wrote:

Even though I'm a bit late to the party.... Happy Birthday!

They say it's your birthday, it's my birthday too... (really)

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home