Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Circular Illogic

Friday, July 11, 2008


Have you ever had one of those days (or weeks, or months, or years!) when your head is just so full to overflowing with information and confusion and decisions to be made and icky stuff you'd like to get out of your head, and stuff you need to do but keep forgetting to do that your brain just shuts down on you and won't let you pick out any one thing from the crowd of stuff that is threatening to overthrow you as Queen of your own head and you can barely form a decently sensible thought much less an entire blog post so you just sit down and fill the page with nonsense because you haven't blogged in nearly a month and you figure you better do something or people will stop coming to visit and you really don't want that because you really do like blogging and the people who read your blog, but it's just been one of those days (or weeks, or months, or years!) when your head is just so full to overflowing with....

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7/31/2008 10:35 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I understand. If I could just have "stream of conscienceness" blogging, I would be able to write the most interesting, moving entries while in the car, between phone calls, while in line at the grocery store. Instead, it has to wait until all those moments of brilliance have past and now I'm loaded down with stuff to do....
Sigh

I've been missing you so I thought to pop over here to catch up. You're not writing much more than me. Amazing to think that a few years ago we were shopping whenever we could and now it's weeks between phone calls, isn't it?

 
At 8/02/2008 12:08 AM, Blogger Scribbit wrote:

Oh absolutely! And this is embarrassing to write and I normally wouldn't exactly use HP as a fountain of metaphors but the pensieve thing is quite accurate sometimes. Writing helps me get my thoughts out and organized and coherent.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home