Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Back In The 21st Century

Thursday, August 14, 2008


I have news of epic proportions. This is big, people. Really, really big. There are only a handful of things that could possibly happen in my life right now that could be bigger than this.

If you’ve read my blog in the past 10 months or so, you may have picked up on the fact that we have only had dial-up access to the internet since we moved out to the boonies. It was an acceptable sacrifice in exchange for the glorious benefits of leaving the hood to live in the country, but it was so hard to live without it.

Even as I type those words, I cringe a little. Shouldn’t I be able to live without high-speed internet? Didn’t I live quite well for the first 20+ years of my life without any access to the internet at all?

Wait a minute. Breathe.

Okay, I’m better now. Kindly ignore that moment of insanity. Really, I’m okay. And do you know why I’m okay? Because we now have broadband internet again! Did you hear that? I’ll repeat it just in case you missed it.

We have broadband internet!!! Woo hoo!!!

I feel like I’ve been trying to breathe under water since November and I finally got my head above the water and am taking a deep, satisfying breath of fresh clean air. Ah, dear me, it’s good to be back.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8/15/2008 1:59 PM, Blogger Thumper wrote:

WooHoo! I know how it feels..when we were in OH and squeaked by on spotty 18K dial up, getting broadband was, like, TEH AWESOMe!!11!!!

If I ever have to go back to dial up, I may have to hurt someone...

 
At 8/17/2008 9:54 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

well, we already spent a good chat celebrating, but I will say officially that, yes, it is so good to have you back!

Woo Hoooooooo!

And yes, my dear, you should have known. :-)

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home