Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Eavesdropping Over the Cubical Walls

Sunday, September 14, 2008


Nancy*: I'm looking for a mason.

Linda: A cooking one or a cleaning one?

(At this point there was about a 2 minute pause. I thought the conversation was over – unfortunately it was not.)


Nancy: No, I'm looking for a mason.


Linda: Oh, a real live one?


Nancy: Yeah, a live one is better than a dead one.


Linda: One of those guys with the funny hats?


(A short pause followed in which Nancy apparently decided to give up and start over.)


Nancy: I'm looking for a mason.


Linda: Oh, a guy who pours cement.


*Names changed to protect the innocent.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9/16/2008 7:10 AM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

Could be the canning jar, they didn't cover that one.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home