Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

My (Not So?) Hare-Brained Scheme

Tuesday, October 07, 2008


(In my previous post, I mentioned that I was up to a hare-brained scheme. I'd like to apologize to the scheme for calling it hare-brained. Apparently it was a little hurt by that statement, so I just want to go on record as saying that it really is a brilliant scheme. It will be even more brilliant if I continue to follow through on that "working really hard and being happy" thing.

So, I would like to introduce you to my new Etsy store – Geekwif Crafts!

Geekwif Crafts logoI'm really excited about this. It gives me a chance to do lots of my favorite crafty things and (hopefully) make money doing it.

Austen BookmarkGeekwif Crafts will feature handmade items that are related to reading and books. All items will be original designs. So far I only have bookmarks in the shop, but I will be adding many more reading-related items soon. (Keep an eye on my shop to find out what they are.)

The first bookmark in the shop is called the "Austen Bookmark", after Jane Austen (of course). It's actually a design I created several months ago and liked so much that I adapted the pattern to make a baby blanket for a friend. You can click on the image to the left to see the item in my shop and find out more about it.

As I add more items, I'll be posting about them here. If you love to read and need a pretty bookmark or maybe a gift for a friend who loves to read; or if you are just curious, please come and visit me at Etsy!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10/08/2008 6:32 AM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

What a great idea! I was wondering what you had up your sleeve. That was a very thought-provoking post, and I've thought of it often. I hope it works out for you!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home