Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Worst. Novel. Ever?

Sunday, November 02, 2008


In the first pep-talk email of the month, written by the guy who founded NaNoWriMo 10 years ago, he said this:

I still get an excited stomach-flutter at the start of November. I can't help but feel giddy as I ponder questions like: Will this be the best novel I've ever written? And, secretly: Will this be the best novel ever written in the history of humankind?

Because it really could be.

Then the writing starts, and by the second sentence, two new questions have occurred to me. Namely: What am I doing? And: Could this be the worst novel ever written in the history of humankind?

And you know what? It really could be.

I know exactly what he means. This could just be the worst novel ever written in the history of mankind. But you know what? I'm having fun! And I've written 4188 words so far! That means I'm up by more than 800 words. I can handle that, even if it is 4188 of the silliest words ever written.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home