Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

No Animals, Humans, or Cars Were Injured In The Making Of This Blog Post

Tuesday, August 25, 2009


You know your morning isn't going so well when it includes, not one, not two, but all of the following:
  • A cat, waking you at an ungodly hour by smacking you in the face with his tail repeatedly
  • Rain, the gushing, pouring, oh dear lord it's Noah's ark all over again kind of rain, that starts just moments before you walk out the door
  • A spider web which hits you in the face on the way through the door - the same door, where there has recently been spotted a spider of a size to rival Shelob, thus triggering your fear of spiders and convincing you that the spider is either stuck in your hair or crawling on your feet
  • Forgetting the badge that is your only access to the building in which you work - and not realizing it until after you pulled into one of the best parking spots in the lot
  • Watching someone wait to take that lovely spot while you pull out in order to go back home and get your badge
  • Realizing on the way home that you also forgot to brush your teeth - how do you forget to brush your teeth??!!
  • Poor visibility due to rain and an old, funky windshield that reflects all light from oncoming vehicles, leaving you essentially blind
  • Fresh gravel on the road, having been poured on much too thickly, making driving on said road like driving in a sandbox
  • A deer running out in front of you on that sandbox road, at the same moment when you are blinded by the headlights of an oncoming vehicle, nearly giving you a heart attack after missing it (and the tree-lined road side) by mere inches
The way I see it, tomorrow morning is destined to be absolutely perfect in order to make up for this morning - right?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2009 9:46 PM, Blogger TK wrote:

Holy cow I'm gonna pee my pants laughing so hard!!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home