Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Beautiful in Brown

Wednesday, October 07, 2009


It's autumn, and the world is turning brown. For the moment, the trees are golden, chartreuse, crimson, lemon, and any number of other gorgeous colors, but I know they'll be turning brown soon. A brown landscape can look a little dreary, but I love it in my wardrobe and in my home. Really, brown is a pretty wonderful color. I mean, look what it can do.

The red vintage buttons alone would be cute,
but add a little brown and they look like a box of candy.
(PaperPumpkin on Etsy)


Brown and blue used to be reserved for baby boys, but why?
This is one of my favorite color combinations. Just go to Etsy
and search for "brown blue" and see if you don't come up with a
plethora of beauties.
(augustnine on Etsy)


Who says brown can't be girly?
How cute is this pink and brown bag?
(daphnenen on Etsy)


See? Now tell me. Does brown not rock?

2 Comments:

At 10/16/2009 9:00 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

You know what makes me really love brown? When it's called 'chocolate' -- not when it's REALLY chocolate, but when the buttons are red and chocolate or the bag is pink and chocolate... aren't I just way too easy?!

LOVE this version of Geekwif. Geekwif all Crafty. Off to check out Geekwif Crafts. HOW FUN!

 
At 10/16/2009 9:02 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

GORGEOUS!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home