Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Creative Costumes and Other Gory Things

Saturday, October 31, 2009


Warning: Fake, not particularly realistic gore ahead.

I'm not a huge Halloween person. I don't dislike it, I just don't generally get into it. When we lived in the city we would pass out candy to the neighborhood trick-or-treat-ers, but now that we're out in the boonies, we don't get them anymore unless we invite the neighbors to bring their kids over. And by that I mean the two little kids in the one family that lives within a quarter mile from us.

I rarely dress up, except for a couple times when I've worn a costume that I already had for some other purpose. (The dress I made for the Renaissance Festival once and a pineapple costume I had made for a church youth group project another time.)

I have to say though, that I do appreciate truly creative costumes, and I think this Marie Antoinette costume is just awesome. Generally this would be a little gory for me, but it is just so very creative.

You can see how it was made on the Etsy Storque.

And as long as we're on the subject of decapitation, one of my cats recently had a little too much fun with a mouse. I heard a weird crunching noise in the night and woke to a mouse in two parts lying on my laundry room rug. (The rug, including mouse parts, went out to the garage to be dealt with by my hubby when he got home.)

In honor of Mo's hunting expedition, I thought I should get these cat toys made by spellwell.
The mouse head looks remarkably like the one I found in my laundry room, except for the fact that Mo's mouse head was about 1/4" long. Let me tell you though, small size does NOT negate the creepy factor!

So there's your Geekwif gorefest for the day. Happy Halloween everyone! Stay safe and dress creatively!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home