Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Drumroll Please

Tuesday, October 20, 2009


After spending the past several days in tortuous deliberation, I have made my decision in the matter of my 2009 NaNoWriMo novel. I shall now announce it after the fashion of the beauty pageant by starting with the not-so-much-a-winner, followed by the penultimate winner, and finally crowning the starry-eyed actual winner.

Our 2nd runner-up is Option #1. (polite clapping) She made a fine go of it, but when it came down to it, she had no substance (aka plot).

Our 1st runner-up is Option #2. (impatient clapping) Pirates would be fun, but would a modern-day pirate ever say "Ahoy, matey" or "Arrrrrr"? And really, what's the point of writing pirates if they don't say "Arrrrrr"?

And our winner is ...
(drumroll)
... Option #3! (Crowd goes wild!!! Tears flow freely.) Yes, this year's winner is a romance about sandwiches, oh yeah. It's cheesy, it's fun, and it's perfect for packing 50,000 words into a ridiculously short span of time.

And now the countdown begins. 12 days from today it's NaNoWriMo 2009!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10/20/2009 5:42 PM, Blogger Thumper wrote:

Yay!

I still need to sign up..I have a title in mind, but no story LOL I need a story...

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home