Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Where Is That Pesky Button?

Saturday, October 03, 2009


It's the beginning of October. Do you know what that means?

NaNoWriMo is coming soon, baby! In less than one month the Geek and I will be putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and forcing out 50,000 words in one month's time.

And I have no idea whatsoever what I am going to write. In the past four years I've done the following:

2005 - I wrote a novel based loosely on my Grandmother's life. I've since started editing that and made some pretty major changes to the plot and structure of the story. I have a long way to go on it yet.

2006 - I wrote a fairytale-like story that was utterly destroyed when my computer's hard drive died in a fit of drama at the beginning of December. I've always wondered if it wasn't having a temper tantrum because of the abuse I submitted it to in November.

2007 - The year we moved from one state to another - in November of all times - I started to write a sort of futuristic story about a guy who found an illegal book (apparently future people aren't so excited about freedom of speech) and got arrested for it. This was the one time since I started doing NaNoWriMo that I didn't finish my 50,000 words.

2008 - I decided to take it easy and write something light-hearted and fun, so I wrote a novel about three women friends who got stuck in and solved a mystery together. Campy, cheesy, fun.

2009 - This year, as stated earlier, I have no idea what to write. I think my creative button has been inadvertently switched to "off". Anyone know where to find it so I can switch it back?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10/03/2009 1:33 PM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

How about a novel based on a woman who takes personality quizzes on facebook but she never gets an answer that fits her? Totally fiction, of course. Not based on anyone I know.

 
At 10/16/2009 9:04 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

uh YEAH?! Go look at your creativity all over Etsy, Geekwif!

You're always my November hero. Switch it on, girl!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home