Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

A Chat With My Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2009


My blog snuck up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder today. Yeah, scared the crud out of me. She wasn't trying to be scary though. She was just feeling lonely. I guess I can't complain. It is nice to know I'm needed.

So, I thought I'd sit down and have a nice chat with my blog. I started out trying to flatter her to get back on her good side. She really is kind of pretty with her pale peachy pink and brown accents. And I'd love to have those actual pencils she displays in the center photo at the top of her page. I like fat, chunky pencils and pens; they fit better in my hand. The skinny ones always feel like they're going to sneak away when I'm not looking directly at them.

We both missed the way I used to just sit down and write, and rarely had difficulty finding inspiration. But then that was years ago, and time can often distort the way we see things. So I ran a few ideas past her and she suggested I save them in her drafts and come back to them. They might make great posts at a later date, but right now I can't really afford a large chunk of time working out an idea.

It was nice to spend some time with her. I explained how I'm focused on NaNoWriMo and I think she understands why I've neglected her all November. I hope she does, anyway. I promised to try to be around a little more as soon as NaNoWriMo was over. Or maybe after Christmas. Either way, we had a nice chat. She's a good blog, and I have missed her.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11/21/2009 11:37 AM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

Very clever!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home