Sunday, January 10, 2010
Since I last blogged:
- I finished NaNoWriMo with a day to spare.
- I decided that I really want to complete my first NaNoWriMo novel, as opposed to the wishy-washy wavering I do every year about which NaNo novel I'd like to work on, if any. I've put a little half-hearted work into this one since NaNo 2005, but I think it deserves a whole-hearted effort at re-writing it.
- My Geek and I went on a Caribbean cruise. White sands, warm sun, crystal clear water, exotic places – it was amazing! We're already plotting when we might be able to go again.
- We had a beautiful, quiet Christmas with family despite the crazy cold and snow.
- The Geek and I saw the Sherlock Holmes movie twice – once for our anniversary and the next day with his family. It was the first movie I've seen in a long time that was good enough to see twice in two days.
- Inspired by the movie, I pulled out the "Treasury of Sherlock Holmes" which I bought out of curiosity at a thrift shop a few years ago but had never read. And guess what. I like Sherlock Holmes! I've never gotten into reading mysteries, but these stories are really enjoyable.
- We, like the rest of the country – heck, the world for that matter – have been enduring the cold as best we can. It's crazy kinds of cold out there! They keep forecasting that it's going to warm up, but it's just not happening. I can't wait until spring! In the meantime I will have to be satisfied with curling up on the couch with my hubby and our 80 pound lap dog and reading a good old Sherlock Holmes mystery. And despite the cold, that actually sounds very inviting.