Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Ditto To Myself With A Slight Twist

Friday, May 21, 2010


Remember what I said here? Well, as I was writing that, I realized that it applied to writing too.

As I mentioned back in January, I've been really wishy-washy about finishing/editing my NaNoWriMo novels, and had finally settled on completing my first NaNo novel. Well, I'm going back to wishy-washy ... sort of ... just a little.

I wanted to write that novel for several reasons, but I think they are the wrong reasons, at least for now. I may go back to it someday, but for now, I'm changing courses. Feel free to slap me if I do this more than 3 more times in the next year.

I think I can stay on track with the novel I've decided to write. It's actually a re-write from scratch of the second novel I wrote for NaNo since I lost that one in a devastating hard-drive failure just days after NaNo 2006 was over. I've had some really fun ideas playing around in my head, so I started a new Scrivener file, got myself organized, and wrote for about a half hour before bedtime last night. Pitiful, I know, but I've got the weekend to make up for it, in between gardening, yardwork, laundry, etc.

But at least I'm taking my own advice and reading writing what I want – nothing stuffy, toffee-nosed, or even particularly inspirational. Just pure, good fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home