Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

I Have A Plan

Thursday, June 17, 2010


Believe it or not, I have been writing ... just not on my blog. I can't claim I've been doing a lot of writing, but I've been fitting in some time just about every evening to add a bit to the ol' novel. I think I'm now in the vicinity of 8000 words.

So, I was thinking today that come November I'm going to want to write for NaNoWriMo again, which according to the NaNo rules means starting something new. But I don't really want to stop right in the middle of my current project.

Bingo!! A goal was born. If I finish my first draft of this novel by the end of October, then I can take a break – always a good idea anyway, according to what I've heard from more seasoned novelists – and get back to editing it after NaNo is over. That gives me four months (plus a little) to finish.

It's a perfectly lovely plan, I think.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home