Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Jane Eyre (Again) And Other Books

Monday, March 21, 2011


I finished Jane Eyre.

Siiiiiiggghhhh.

That book just makes me so happy. I could read it over and over and over again. Wait. I have read it over and over and over again.

Unfortunately, the movie isn't coming to my little town, so I either have to drive 1-1/2 hours into a not-so-safe part of the nearest city, or just hope and pray that it will come here in its next life. Or – most likely – wait for it to come out on DVD. Considering how difficult it was to wait the three months from when I found out about the movie until now, another 6 months (or however long it takes to get out on DVD) might just kill me. I may have to read the book again to keep myself sane – and alive.

In the meantime, I'm reading another book that I've already read once – The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs – while I wait for the library system to deliver Breakfast at Tiffany's to my local library. Anyone ever read BaT? I saw the movie and almost loved it. I'm hoping to like the book better.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3/22/2011 4:31 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

would netflix be quicker? sometimes it is, i think!

 
At 3/22/2011 5:41 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

It might be. If so, I will definitely be getting it on Netflix as soon as possible.

 
At 4/04/2011 5:41 PM, Blogger Jan/lost-strayed-or-stolen.blogspot.com wrote:

I read Breakfast at Tiffany's. didn't like it even more than I didn't really love the movie.
But I can identify with rereading Jane Eyre. and Pride and Prejudice. And Great Gatsby. And....but enough about me.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home