Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

They Say You Learn Something New Every Day

Monday, October 03, 2011


Here are a few things I've learned recently.

  1. This is not the most annoying sound in the world.  Nope.  The most annoying sound in the world is the sound of asian beetles landing on various items in your house.  It's like a little click, or tap, and it could seriously drive me insane in a very short period of time.
  2. Crab Cobb Salad?  Not tasty.
  3. The South Beach Diet takes a LOT of work.  I pretty much spend 8 hours a day prepping food.  I have no idea how anyone with a job outside the home could find the time to do this diet.
  4. When you're on a diet, even one that says you can eat until you're full, you get really hungry for every meal - even breakfast.
  5. If you leave a half-pound steak on the counter, the dog will jump up while you are not looking and swallow the entire thing in less than 10 seconds.
  6. If you get too close to your dog's face, she might just belch up skunky-smelling nastiness in your face, even though she hasn't eaten a skunk.  At least not that I'm aware of.
  7. On a nicer note, it's really fun to see your dingy, dank basement be transformed into a cozy, liveable space.
More European vacation photos coming soon.  This time we're going to Paris!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10/03/2011 7:46 AM, Blogger MotherT wrote:

I got a good chuckle about the steak disappearing! Been there, done that, unfortunately more than once.

If your dog is burping a "skunky" smell, there may be a broken tooth in her mouth. You may want to have a vet check. We didn't know this until it was nearly too late, and we had to have major dental surgery on our dog to save him. He now only has 9 teeth left.

Good luck on that diet. I really hope it works for you. It is a lot of work to do. Maybe that's the secret--think of all the calories you burn just prepping!

 
At 10/03/2011 5:27 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

but.... did the dog eat enough steak that she felt 'full?' that's important. : )

 
At 10/03/2011 8:26 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

MT, thank you for the tip. She was just in to the vet though and her teeth are fine. I think it was probably just the 1/2 lb. of marinated steak she ate the night before. :)

HM, considering she ate twice as much as I did, I certainly hope she felt full!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home