Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

A Letter to Beethoven

Friday, November 11, 2011


Dear Mr. Ludwig van Beethoven,

I want to thank you for writing the heart-rending, soul-searching, hopeful, romantic, reflective piece that is the Moonlight Sonata.  My fingers do not do it justice, but every time I let them float across the keys, following the glorious pattern of notes that your genius so skillfully and expressively arranged, my soul floats away with them.

There have been many great composers over the years, but there is a reason your name is still known all over the world almost 250 years after your birth.  Thank you for sharing your beautiful music with us.
 
Geekwif


Oh, and I named my cat after you.  I think he kind of looks like you, actually.  What do you think?


Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11/12/2011 11:49 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Was the 11th his birthday, or were you just thankful for the music?

 
At 11/13/2011 7:23 AM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

No birthday. Just enjoying the music.

 
At 11/13/2011 4:48 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

yeah! it's the chin.

 
At 11/15/2011 9:12 PM, Blogger Jan/lost-strayed-or-stolen.blogspot.com wrote:

I think it's more in the eyes.

 
At 11/15/2011 9:57 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

I see it in the eyes and cheekbones.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home