Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

NaNoWriMo Update

Thursday, November 17, 2011


My word count is at 26,011 as of last night.  That is 661 words short of the target for the 16th day of the month, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.  661 words can be made up in less than an hour.

You should see my word count stats over the month so far.  Crazy, I tell ya.  Right on target for a few days, then down to half, then 2000 one day, then down to zero, then 3000, then zero, and then 2000+, 2000+, 2000+.

They say week two is the hardest, and I have never been able to prove them wrong.  Every year it seems that week two is pure drudgery.  So here's to week three being crazy kinds of productive with amazing plot points appearing out of nowhere and twists and turns wiggling their way out of my head (okay, that just sounded gross) and making me a happy writer girl.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11/18/2011 4:13 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

you can do it!!! you're doing SO great and you're really almost there. GOOOOO geekwif!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home