Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Yet Another NaNoWriMo Update

Sunday, November 20, 2011


I've been slipping behind.  As of this morning I had more than 4,000 words to write in order to be caught up with today's goal word count.  But after spending a good chunk of the day writing – in between seemingly endless laundry, making chili, shaving the cat, and a few therapeutic facebook and blog checks – I wrote 3,429 words today.  That means I am now at 32,449 words which is only 891 words behind.  And I'm okay with that.  I could try to toss a few more words on the page, but my brain is tired.  So I'll give it a rest and jump back in tomorrow. 

Here's to getting ahead in the next few days so I can slack off on Thursday and Friday!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11/26/2011 10:59 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I predict that Monday will be a good Nano day!

I enjoyed talking with you tonight... it's been way too long. Thank you. The only thing that could have made it better was if it had spanned another three hours, a couple of stores, and then a restaurant with wine. Ahhhhh....
No, cheese and wine. And bread. yes, bread.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home