Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

The Geek Has A Blog!

Sunday, January 08, 2012


Have I mentioned that My Geek is a writer?  He started writing fantasy novels long before I ever thought seriously about writing.  He started doing NaNoWriMo with me back in 2005 and is currently working on a story about a young adventurer named Balfrith.

He started a new blog recently, called Chronicles of Aerde – Aerde being the name of the world he created.  He has a world map, has worked on languages and created multiple diverse cultures for this world.  (You can see part of the map as the background of his blog.)  Seriously cool stuff.

Please go visit him at chroniclesofaerde.blogspot.com and leave him a comment.  He's writing about his writing process and project and whether you are a writer or a reader it's sure to be a very interesting and enjoyable read!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/09/2012 10:12 AM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

i will def go check this out! you describe the aspect of writing that is most difficult for me. i have to stop and concentrate HARD just to visualize a normal boring room long enough to describe it. not my strong suit. i can't imagine being able to visualize a whole other land and culture and bring it to life realistically. Your geek sounds very talented - and you sound (rightly) quite proud! : )

 
At 1/09/2012 12:06 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

I loved your description of Lark's house! The brightly colored walls, and weren't there flowers painted on them? So fun! It made me want to spend an afternoon with her at her place giving ourselves pedicures! :)

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home