Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Catching Up

Thursday, July 19, 2012


A lot has happened since our three inches of snow in February.  It's been a hot summer (as it seems it has been all over the U.S.) but a good one with the exception of a couple of sad moments.

On a sad note, we lost two of our sweet kitties this year.  Maestro and Beethoven are sorely missed.

Razz the spaz, on the other hand, is lively as ever and I've been working on training her using the Dog Whisperer's techniques with a small amount of success.

We've changed our plans a bit on the hobby-farming side: we'll probably start with chickens next spring and hopefully goats the following spring.  Building a barn is uber-expensive.

The garden is very green (both veggies and weeds) and keeps me crazy busy.

We've been working on a HUGE basement finishing project which has been moving along nicely, but is starting to slow down a bit due to expenses.

Before

I've had some fun refinishing furniture.

Before


Our twentieth anniversary is coming up in December and we have a big vacation planned to celebrate!

My Geek is traveling all over the world this summer for his work.  While I'm not going along this time, I may share some photos when he gets back as he promised to take some for me.

Details and "after" photos to come in future posts! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home