Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

The Geek Is In His House And All Is Right With The World

Sunday, August 26, 2012




My Geek is home again after another business trip – 3 weeks in China and Singapore this time – and all is right with my little world.  The Traveling Geek Phenomenon did not really come into effect this time – thank goodness.  About the worst that happened was that the mechanism that opens and closes one of my Jeep windows broke, which amounted to a slightly wet back seat (only slightly since it just drizzled a little) and an unexpectedly big bill to fix it. 

There was a good side to this though.  I got to spend two mornings at the local diner for breakfast with my laptop while I waited for the Jeep to be fixed.  Relaxing, tasty, and I got more writing done in two days than I had in the last several months.

So I'm soaking up some good Geek time while I have him here.  I'm even going with him to the office today just so I can spend a couple hours with him in the car.  I guess I'm a bit addicted to him and three weeks of withdrawal has left me kind of desperate and clingy.

In two weeks he'll be leaving and I'll be Geekless again for a while.  Hopefully the Phenomenon will remain inert.  In the meantime I'm going to enjoy some Geeky goodness while I can.

3 Comments:

At 8/26/2012 9:15 AM, Blogger Dave Sherman wrote:

I love the fact that my simple presence is characterized as "Geeky goodness". :-)

 
At 9/10/2012 12:52 PM, Blogger Jan/lost-strayed-or-stolen.blogspot.com wrote:

My husband and I can hardly stand to be apart. During our teaching careers, we worked 5 times on the same campus, and it was wonderful to ride to and from work together, to have lunch together, and just to catch sight of each other throughout the day. I don't know how you can bear it when the Geek leaves.

 
At 9/10/2012 2:03 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

Jan, I don't like it, but it's part of his job. He's gone again, but this will be his last long business trip for a while. The next time he takes a long trip it will be on vacation with me! That kind of trip I can work with. :)

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home